I’m not sure about Brandy’s new video. On one hand, there’s something very RnB-ish about it, which is appropriate given the vibe of the song. Brandy also looks smokin’. She has barely aged since “The Boy Is Mine.”
Pop Music News – August 23, 2012
- Alicia Keys unveils Girl On Fire album cover. The “Empire State of Mind” songstress looks fierce, and I can’t wait to hear what she has in store. Her new album is expected to drop November 27th. (Source: Toya’z World)
- Still about Alicia Keys — her new single “Girl On Fire”will be available on radio AND iTunes on September 4th, two days ahead of her VMA performance. (Sony Music)
- Brandy releases new single “Wildest Dreams”. Are y’all feeling it? Not sure how I feel about the verses, but the chorus is nice. (Jon Ali’s Blog)
- Mika reveals “The Origin of Love” album art work and UK tracklisting via his Facebook page.
- One Direction will release a new album this November. First single, ‘Live While We’re Young,’ hits iTunes on October 1. (Hollywood Reporter)
After her collaboration with Monica failed to make any dent on the charts, Brandy is moving on and releasing “Put It Down”.
The Bangladesh-produced track sounds nice, and there’s something very laid back about it. The song sounds a tad dated though, with the chorus reminiscient of Mariah Carey’s early 2000s sound.
Brandy and Monica both look flawless in their new video “It All Belongs To Me”. The styling in the video is fierce, with Brandy sporting funky hairstyles and Monica showing off some classic looks.
The video is pretty typical as far as RnB videos go. I see lots of finger wagging. The video isn’t particularly original, but the fashion and the make up all hit the mark.